Oil Coolers, Air Coolers, Plate Coolers, Oil to Air Heat Exchangers and Oil to Water Heat Exchangers, Butterfly Valves, Butterfly Flanges, Hydraulic Couplings.
For Mobile and Industrial Applications
View Full Product Line
Plate-Heat Exchangers are used for the cooling of oil by the means of water. Because of the quantity of parameters that need to be taken into account, the sizing of plate coolers is done via computer. We need the following data for the calculation: Heat dissipation, inlet and outlet temperature of oil, oil flow, allowed pressure drop (if necessary), type of oil (e.g. ISO VG 36 ), inlet temperature of water and the water flow.
Further we have the opportunity to influence the pressure drop with different fin profiles. In general we can say: The higher the pressure drop, the higher the heat dissipation.
Advantages of a Plate-Heat Exchangers compared with a shell and tube type heat exchangers:
• Plate-Heat Exchangers are smaller in size
• Plate-Heat Exchangers require less water. Additional savings of water by use of an oil-water ratio 1:8
• Plate-Heat Exchangers use a higher working pressure, 30 bar (435 psi). The bigger the tube and bundle heat exchanger the lower the working pressure.
• With a shell and tube heat exchanger the joint space will loosen. The reason for that is vibrations caused by:
• Higher pressure drop in return line
• Vibration of the aggregate
• Pressure peaks
• Tubes of the shell and tube heat exchanger are made of copper, the housings of aluminum. Corrosion of aluminum will occur by oxidation with water. Even the covers of the housing will corrode and be destroyed.
• Shell and tube heat exchanger has a higher danger of cavitation.
• With increasing size (heat dissipation) the Plate-Heat Exchanger is cheaper compared with the shell and tube heat exchanger.
• Because the PHE consists of stainless steel there is less danger of contamination (e.g. oil sludge, lime).
• Lime is produced only at more than 60C. At high temperatures and a high amount of lime the Plate-Heat Exchanger can be washed with acid on the waterside.
• Because of high flow velocity and smooth surfaces the Plate-Heat Exchanger has the better self cleaning effect.
• Cleaning of contaminated parts is done with counter flow.
• With brazed Plate-Heat Exchangers the seals never have to be replaced.